Thursday 15 November 2007

All wrapped Up In Ravelry

Oh my goodness! I've been so wrapped up with Ravelry, it's not just my blog that has suffered as a result. Letters have gone unwritten, housework not done and my dog just about spontanously combusts because I ignore his pleas to get out to pee (sorry Patchie!). All because I feel the need to sit at my laptop ogling other peoples knits, haha. Still...isn't Ravelry great!!!

For sometime I have the idea to form my own meet-up for knitters in my area and thanks to Ravelry I think it might work. Very early planning stages but watch this space for a progress report. I'm really looking forward to meeting new people whos eyes won't glaze over wearily when I talk about my thirst for new wool.

I haven't done too much knitting as of late either but managed to do some teeny tiny xmas stocking tree decorations using up some oddments in my stash.

I received my first copy of the new knitting magazine through the post today, 'Let's Knit' it's called. I missed issue 1 but signed up for 3 issues for £1 offer (rrp £4.99 per issue!). I also got a fab free gift of wood needles..they are a whopping 20mm size. I don't know what I will use them for but there are a few ideas in the mag...maybe a beret?

2 comments:

magnusmog said...

Hi - I saw your profile in Ravelry.
Good to see another scot :)

Where about are you in Fife? If you are looking for knitting company, I think Twist Fibre Crafts in newburgh have a Saturday group and there is a group that meets in Dundee as well.

We have a little knitting bee where I am, near Arbroath in Angus but that might be a bit far away!

jeni

Sarah said...

I signed up for that Let's Knit deal - I'm enjoying it and dor £1 for 3 issues can't go wrong!