Monday 3 March 2008

Mother's Day & Knitting

Hope all you Momma's out there had a 'Happy Mother's Day'! I spent the afternoon with my mum doing a bit of retail therapy (it wasn't that theraputic to be honest!). We went back to mine for a lovely dinner (cooked by my equally delious other half) before Mum set off on her 3 bus rides journey home (its only 26 miles!). Thanks for making the effort Mum..I hope you enjoy watching your '101 Dalmations' dvd I gave you. I bet the Cherry Liquer chocolates have been scoffed already, haha.

I have no kids of my own but I have a gorgeous dog and a very thoughtful fiance. Between them they conspired and Patch gave his 'human mama' a card and gift..who am I to complain? The parcel contained a little talking plush of the great wee guy from the recent Corsa car adverts..C'MON!!! Not forgetting a box of scrummy Ferrero Rocher choccies...mmm.

To say I was touched is an understatement.



On the knitting front, I decided to use up some little odds and ends of wool and knitted up a gingerbread man toy and few hats for
premature babies. These will be sent onto 'Loving Hands', a local knitting group who distribute members knits to various charities. The hats are so quick too knit as they are teeny!!! I have yet to attend one of the groups meetings but if you are a knitter check out their site as they always welcome new members wherever they're from.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, love your website. I live in the U.S. and our mother's day is in May, I was surprised to see that you have yours in March? Never thought about it being different days in different countries. I'm "Messy" in the Ravelry group for the love of letters. I look forward to exchanging cards with you!

Lou said...

Thanks for the parcel Louise - Loving Hands is delighted to have you on board - and thanks for the mention on here too - it is amazing how often we get new members when someone mentions us on a Blog site! :0) Still don't understand the Corsa ads but the ladies do love your doll so guess I am outnumbered! C'mon!!!!

Lou - Loving Hands Charity Knitting Group