Wednesday 4 February 2009

Let It Snow

Over the past few days the U.K has had some harsh snowy weather but I can only speak for my 'small corner' of this big island. Fife is on the East coast of Scotland (and nearer the South than the North. Me and the Mister reside in central Fife, around 3 miles inland.

Recent weather has been cold, albeit very cold but 'pleasant ' enough for the time of year, so imagine my surprise when I woke up Monday morning to this:
I was like 'a kid at Christmas' and got overexcited by the frozen white flakes. Common sense told me to stay indoors but my childish side wanted to 'go play' and so I took the dog out for a short walk. Now, it has to be said that the mutt is a pampered wee soul and after his morning skip around the garden was quite happy to spend the rest of the day indoors under blankets...tough!

Once we were out (not far) a mini blizzard came on quickly producing another inch or so of snow. Needless to say ,we hurried home quick smart.
Tuesday..the rain came and it was all washed away but there is more snow to come. This afternoon temperatures are struggling to stay above 2C and we are staying INDOORS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's been really cold here too- at least for the southern US. But no snow, drat.