Sunday 10 January 2010

Rocky Road

THINGS TO DO INDOORS ON A COLD DAY..
1. Make Rocky Road

My sister in law is always making Rocky Road and I have become addicted to it so much that I can no longer bear to wait for her next offering of chocolatey goodness. I decided to take the matter in hand and make my own...and as it involves no cooking as such knew it couldn't go far wrong!
Step 1: Getting the ingredients together.
Digestive biscuits
Marshmallows
Sultanas
400g of milk chocolate
100g of butter
Tin of condensed milk



Melt the chocolate and butter together in a 'bain marie' type stylee before adding in the condensed milk and giving it a good old mix.

Crush the biscuits roughly and add them , the marshmallows and sultanas to the chocolatey mixture. I also threw in some Malteasers as an added bonus.
Spread the thick gloopy mixture onto a lined baking tray and put in the fridge for as long as you can wait.


The three hours I managed felt like 3 years...I was practically salivating at the fridge door (how very hygenic, huh?)


RESULT?......YUMMY GOODNESS!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks sooo good!