Friday 20 November 2009

Pudsey's Pounds


Today was Children In Need day here in the UK. It's a great day where the nation really seems to come together doing all sorts of fundraising events for this cause. It's really great the way people get stuck in to raise money to help young people, from homeless teenagers to seriously ill children.
Events I've heard about include 'wear your pyjamas to work day', ladies getting their heads shaved, men getting their chests waxed, kids getting their faces painted, cake sales and much more.
This year I knitted the charity mascot 'Pudsey' and did a 'Guess His Birthday' amongst family and friends. I didn't give myself much time but managed to raise £16.50. I was delighted when my name appeared across screen during the telethon despite raising such a modest amount.
This years telethon event raised £20,309,747 by the end of the broadcast.

No comments: