Tuesday 2 October 2007

Hats Off To Knitting!!

Okay I'm finally getting my ass into gear and doing this post..hooray! Is there such a thing as a LAZY blogger award? Every time I do sit at the P.C I seem to get sidetracked by the evil that is Facebook..does anyone else have this problem? Getting in touch with people you haven't seen for years..good times. If you were true friends why would you have lost touch in the first place?...hmm..bad times! Still it is natures curiosity that we see how bad/good each others lives have turned out. The school geek whos now stunning and successful, the teen princess whos now 20 stone with 5 ugly kids!! What do people make of me I wonder? Do I care? The mere fact I have mentioned it surely means I do..ah well!

Let's knit! I went to a local shop called Rejects last week and lo and behold it has the greatest knitting department. I have already told my other half vouchers for xmas would be most favourable, haha. I got the tank top pattern I was after..though omitted the patterned stitching on it in favour of stripes. The colours I like but the knit not so much. Next time I would make the rib broader and I think I need more practise at picking up stitches around the neck. The neck hole is a bit small..no big heids for this knit!!


Through the post last week I received my order from Violet Green. The first time using this particular company but highly recommended. I bought some lovely purpley DK wool, some sock wool amd a 4ply beanie hat kit that comes with wool, pattern, circular needle and stitch marker. This was a new venture for me having never used circular needles before and I made a bit of a boo boo at first. I STUPIDLY kept turning the needle around instead of going round and round..how thick is that? Anyway once I saw the error of my ways I soon got cracking. It was Opal 4ply and lovely to watch this self patterning wool develop. Heres some pics of my hat...I've a feeling it may become first hat in a series!!







2 comments:

Kim said...

Hello! Love the vest AND the hat. I appreciate you stopping by my blog. He was a brave man, that pink suit wear-er! Can't imagine what he will be like as a Senior (sigh)

Sarah said...

Love the hat - I was a dunce with circular needles the first time I used them so you're certainly not alone :O) None of these things are that obvious without someone to show you!

Send me an email on sarahlburrowsATgmailDOTcom and we can discuss what pressie what suit you for Pay it Forward.

If you like Facebook you should sign up for Ravelry - all the fun of the online community and knitting all in one :O)