Saturday 12 July 2008

Do Bees Have Knees?

Pillow talk between me and my Mister varies from the sublime to the ridiculous. The other night for instance I told him fondly "You are the bees knees".
The phrase simply implying that I think my man is 'the best thing since sliced bread' or to make it plain..I think he is..'great'!

With a cheeky expression his retort was "Do bees have knees?"

to which we fell about laughing and that was that.

However the question stuck with me and I mulled it over and over with a curious mind. Today I actually found myself peering at bees whilst out in the garden hoping to perhaps spot a minute knobbly keecap on one of these busy creatures. Eventually my ever inquisitive nature led me to my laptop thinking I could find a definate answer at the end of my fingertips. No such luck my search results were somewhat conflicting. Please judge for yourself and let me know what you decide!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fab post - I think I go with the no knee opinion as that source looks more reliable - but where does that expression come from?? Off to try and find out!

Samsara said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! Of course, I had forgotten the Sound of Music, and I've never seen La Vie En Rose, I'll have to add it to my 'to watch list'. I've just watched Halloween and cmpletely missed Jamie stabbing Michael with a knitting needle, must have been knitting at the time *lol*
BTW, don't know anything about bees knees :-)